1. To update an existing Agreement and/or Policy, log in to your Arbiter Registration organization account and click Programs from the blue navigation bar.
2. This will bring you to your list of Programs. Click the Edit button for the Program you wish to update.
3. This will bring you to the registration form creation wizard. Here you will want to click the Agreements tab (number 5).
4. Next, find the Agreement or Policy that you wish to update and click the Edit button.
5. Type directly into the text box to make any required edits to the content of the Agreement and/or Policy. Be sure to click the blue Save button to save your work.
6. If you are updating an Agreement, you'll want to ensure you choose the correct settings for signatures you are collecting and decide if you want to require mandatory agreement, or if you wish to give families an option to answer with a "No, I do not agree". As always, you'll want to click the blue Save button.
You have lots of options and control with respect to collecting signatures on Agreements.
- 'Agreement Required' – While registrants are required to enter their name in the signature field for all agreements, you may want to allow families the option to answer "I do not agree". If you check the 'Registrant Must Agree' box it means you are requiring someone to answer "Yes". If unchecked, the electronic signature will allow the person to declare "I Agree" or "I Do Not Agree".
- ‘First Signature' – The first signature is intended for an adult with legal authority to make decisions on behalf of the program participant. This may be a parent, guardian, or even an adult signing up for a program at the local recreational center.
- 'Second Signature’ – This allows you to collect a second signature to an agreement (for example, both a parent and student signature on an anti-bullying agreement).
- 'Update All Programs' – This will change the text for this agreement/policy in all of your programs.
- 'Save as Default' – This will allow for this updated agreement/policy to be used as the default for any future use of this agreement/policy.
Why would I want to give a family the option to say 'no' to an agreement?
Some 'agreements' are asking families for permission and in these cases, families should be able to indicate that they do not agree with your policy. A Media Release is a great example, where you would like to know if parents give permission for their child's picture to be taken and shared on a school's website.
7. Editing a Policy is just like editing an Agreement. Type directly into the text box to make any required edits to the content and then click the blue Save button to save your work.
'Policies' do not allow you to collect signatures. Policies are presented as blue buttons in the 'Policies' area of the registration form. If you need to collect a signature for a document, we highly recommend presenting that information as an agreement. Alternatively, you can create a Policy, and then create a corresponding Agreement with a signature field.
' Policies' also allow you the options to:
- 'Update All Programs' – This will change the text for this Agreement/Policy in all of your programs.
- 'Save as Default' – This will allow for this updated Agreement/Policy to be used as the default for any future use of this agreement/policy.
Here is a view of how Agreements appear to families on a registration form: